Today I woke up to the usual sound of sirens screaming down the interstate. It NEVER FAILS, and has made me think how I would fare living in a bigger city...THE big city...could I do it? You see, lately, my dreamer self, has started to picture myself living in all different kinds of locals, just because I can. I'm young, I'm single, and I have the freedom to go wherever I want without abandoning anything in which my presence would be vital.
What if I just picked up one day and just went wherever the wind took me? What if I just took off to where my dreams have taken me before?
In light of my recent trip to NYC, that has been the place where I have questioned myself living...because I like a challenge, and in a city like that, every day would be just that. So, could I do it? Yea. Would I like it? Who knows.
I read something on my Daily Love email yesterday that said it best:
"If you follow your bliss, you'll have your bliss, whether you have money or not. If you follow money, you may lose money, and then you don't have even that. The secure way is really the insecure way and the way in which the richness of the quest accumulates is the right way." -Joseph Campbell
Which...speaking of...if you want some daily inspiration that's LEGIT, check out http://www.thedailylove.com/. It is super cool, and I love it to death...good stuff.
Anyway, back to my thoughts, what would my life be like living in the big city? The more I travel away from my home, the more I realize how much of a country kid I am. I'm a Texan, 100% and am soooo proud of that. I have already concluded that wherever I go, IF I go, I will always know where I really belong...and that is here...in Texas; it's where my heart is.
Just to be fun, I'll do a quick comparison, if you will, of my world and the world of the hustle 'n bustle.
-Driving my truck through wide open spaces VS. Subways and buses
-Saying hi and smiling at strangers VS. Pushing through the crowd and not connecting with hardly anyone unless you want to get mugged, or looked at weird.
-Being close to all of my family VS. Being close to all my bff's from study abroad:)
-Slow-paced life VS. very rushed and fast-paced life :/
ok...I don't want to start making too much of a pro/con list...if I'm going to ever go anywhere new, it will be scary leaving my comfort zone, but I think that's the fun part. Learning new things and seeing how the OTHER side of the world lives, outside of the Lone Star State, is what the excitement is all about.
Like when I left for Spain; I was scared to DEATH and had no idea what to expect...it ended up being the best "scary" decision I ever made.
Anyway, that's just random babble...I'm a dreamer, and I like to see where my mind can take me. Who knows, I might meet the love of my life sometime this year and stay here forever, right? HA! funny...
stay tuned for a "Valentine's Day" blog...here we go again.
Keep it loose, keep it tight.
No comments:
Post a Comment