Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blackout

So, I'm letting my hair dry right now, hence I'm still up...barely.

My fingers are moving slowly, I can't really lift my arms and I am DUNZO.  Today I got home from work about 5:30 and decided to finish off the Little Caesar's pizza my cousin bestowed upon me this weekend.  I knew I had to do plyo later, so I was thinking I'd just burn it all off after...in my own time. 
Then I got a call from my friend Jess the Trainer and she invited me to go to a fitness class called "Blackout" with her. 

That's about the time when I should have ran away and remembered that pizza that had not yet digested, but it's hard to say 'no' to this girl.  I take off a little late and end up hitting EVERY red light in downtown Austin, naturally.  On the drive there, I was nervous because I could still feel that the pizza was not digested, and I knew that going to a class called "Blackout" would probably make it all come out. 

I'm gonna cut to the chase.  The first 5 minutes had me regretting my decision, no lie.  The trainer was like Tony Horton, but on speed.  He was literally YELLING at us the entire time...it was kinda funny for a while, then it got annoying, then after his "Hot Wheels" speed instructions, I just tuned him out. 
During the warm-up, we were sprinting in a tiny fitness room and there were about 20 people on one side, and 20 on the other.  We took turns doing sprints and bear crawls, and suicides and all that good stuff down the floor.  Of course that meant BARRELING into people and the random punching bag in the middle of the room...woops.  Guys, girls, everyone....it was survival of the fittest...literally. 

On about the 3rd lap of "bearcrawls", that's when I felt the pizza in my throat, and so began the praying that I wouldn't let it out on the floor.  The instructor told us, "HEY, IF Y'ALL NEEDA SPEW, GO 'HEAD AND RUN OUT AND DO IT!  IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!"  So, I took homeboy's advice and slipped out after our high knees-to-mountain climbers-to 5 pushups roll 5 pushups roll...
I ran out and slipped into the rr and well, felt better after.  Then I ran back in and finished strong, suckas.

Only problem is I am exhausted and because I ran out into the cold, hot and sweaty as all get out, I think I'm getting sick. 

What a day...til next time...

peace

No comments:

Post a Comment