I have decided that one AMAZING way to get to know the city/experience amazing things is to take full advantage of my baller job at the cupcake shop. Yes, I work at a cupcake shop, and I won't say the name because I don't want to ever incriminate myself if I'm ever a little too out of control to represent it, but it's great. Do I have perks because of the name of the place (free tacos from the Tribeca Taco Truck, what UP)? Yup. Do I get to see interesting things/meet interesting people and run all over the city most days and get paid to see New York? Yup.
Today was a very interesting day. On my first full day of feeling normal since the concussion took me out for 4.5 days, I was mainly on delivery mode per usual around there. My first 2 deliveries were in midtown, so there I am, in a cab, WITH MY SEATBELT ON, holding onto the cupcake bags for dear life...those things are super delicate, and it's got my name written all over it if those babies get messed up. Super VIP delivs?? Teresa's on it!
The first 2 deliveries were a success, so I head back to the shop on this rainy, disgusting day in the city. Naturally, when I get back to the shop, I'm told that The Sister Wives were coming in the shop. Now, at first, I didn't recognize who they were and didn't really care. One of the catering managers was SUPER PUMPED and I thought it was pretty funny...then they walk in, and I see that guy...TOOOOTTTALLYYY remembered him from Oprah and immediately knew who they were. Yup. One dude. Four or five wives. Deal.
They were in the shop for a while chattin' with our owners and I thought it was funny...
After that, I headed over to the west side and made a delivery at an old battleship called "Intrepid" that's docked in the harbor...pretty cool...just another day in the life...
Moving on, I head back over to midtown to make a lovely delivery at a lovely place where the people at the message center were just so excited to have me walk in their door, they quickly ended their conversation with their boyfriend on the phone, didn't roll their eyes at me, or let me stand there for 5 minutes before they politely asked if they could help me. Once that was finally done, I found myself in...DUN DUN DUNNNNNN....Rockefellar Plaza...once again.
I never posted about my excursions inside 30 Rock...like, actually INSIDE, downstairs 30 Rock. Home of NBC Studios, and all that jazz. It is a LABYRINTH. There are shops, restaurants, highways, byways, the subway, and mazes of anything you could think of that would make a village work. I have made two deliveries in there on two seperate, back-to-back days and STILL got lost both times. Took me half an hour trying to figure out how to get out of there. Today was my 3rd attempt at conquering the maze ONLY because I had to pee so badly, I couldn't imagine the trip back downtown with that much liquid in my bladder.
I knew there had to be a bathroom in there, and I had to find it...15 minutes later, and several trips up and down staircases, I asked some dude, and he told me where to find one.
See ya again soon, 30 Rock, see ya again...
Anyway, time to grate some cheese for the roomie...countdown to moving out...like one week! Eek...
T

No comments:
Post a Comment