You know, one of the most LEGIT SONGS ever is "Seven Years" by Norah Jones. Random, but it just came on my Pandora station, and I forget how much I love that song and where it takes me....
I should be studying the wine note cards that it took me like an hour to make, but instead, I'm doing absolutely nothing and waiting for the rooms to get home so I can make her check out the dark corner to see if there's a dead mouse there. I couldn't tell, but there's something there that I sure don't wanna check alone. I haven't heard from F.A. as I'll call him here on this lovely, rated PG-13 blog...although, I should probably give him a better name because he doesn't bother me as much as that pesky dude Simon. Maybe I should name him Mark...no, I'll name him Bugsy because that's the cute little name that just popped in my head for him. He's shy, has dark brown fur, and is a very considerate little creature. If I'm in the kitchen or living room, he stays outta my way. Good dude, 'cept he might already be dead.
Today I ventured out to find the post office because I had a package sent from (OMG, Corinne Bailey Rae, get out of my Pandora..she's good but I've been over her since 2006) a sweet friend in Austin that I just had to get to. I nixed the trip to the landlord who needs me to sign a lease all for this package...way more fun than shelling out an arm and a leg and signing my life away.
Needless to say, I get home, tear through the package and start jumping for joy. Inside were the most AMAZING little goodies!!! Cliff bars, Luna bars, Odwalla bars, EXTREME GOLDFISHHHHH, JIF Low Sodium Peanut Butter (hey, gotta watch the sodium), raisins, trail mix, CANDY CORRNN (Beth, seriously, you are a sweeeetie), peanuts! Oh man, it was perfect timing because I was starving.
That was my second little package I've received and I have to say I'm a huge fan of surprises, ESPECIALLY when there are fun treats inside. oHHH I almost forgot, peanut butter Snickers. DO IT.
Another milestone I've hit along with receiving carepackages at my own address, is that I slept my first night (OHHHH NoJo...keep on comin'..."Come Away With Me"...takes me back) in my own little room. Do I have curtains? No. Do I have a real bed? No. Any furniture? Not exactly. Just an awesome air mattress that a friend lent me, my two EXPLODED bags in the middle of the floor and my guitar case. It's a small room, so not much else fits anyway...haha. It's not luxurious, but it makes me happy. My hobo days, and sleeping on pull out couches every night are over. I hope.
K, another rando story. So, my place of work is a huge building in Soho that has an upstairs, downstairs, and as I found today, secret passages all over...well, I use most of the staircases there and yea, they're creepy, but I never think much of them...UNTIL NOW. Sunday, I had conversations with my coworkers where they went into why they know the place is haunted; hearing voices/humming, things flying off shelves, etc. EEEEEeeekkkk...so, naturally, I show up to work today (HOLLLY CRAP, my roomie just got home and scared the buhJEEEEZZZUUSS outta me; oh and we caught a roach on the mouse trap. oh man) and am looking around at everything, thinking a ghost was everywhere. In our creepy locker room, THIS thing is right above me everyday, and sometimes I forget it's there and it usually freaks me out from time to time...
So, I'm just going to stop talking about my creepy workplace and not even talk about the fire that killed people back in the day, or the secret passageways...I'm over it:/
Well, I should probably start studying...they're supposed to test us on Friday over this stuff. Honestly though, I'm probably going to go play my guitar:)
Later gators.
I can't tell you how much that song reminds me of Daye and sitting in her house cracking up at random things (mostly about a funny mom story). Or watching her get ready to go to her rehearsals...great memories.
ReplyDelete-Your sis