Hello...
Welp, I am phoneless, once again...when will this insanity ever end?? I never lost my phone in Austin and I have lost my phone 3 times in NYC. I didn't even feel crazy about not having my phone today. I just shrugged and almost accepted not getting it back...HOWEVER, I'm pretty sure a friend has it. I tracked it, and baby is in Queens.
I am so turned around with what day it is, where I am...I woke up yesterday and it was snowing...Jeeze...I'm just in a whirlwind these days. I have, however, been having the TIME OF MY LIFE here and just enjoying every second here in NYC. People here have been so great, and these little friendships I'm making are really somethin' SPECIAL. ;)
Last night, Yael Naim played at City Winery and was UH-MAY-ZING. She, straight up, blew me away and was flawless. Her voice, her spunk, her instrument playing skills...man, just amazing.
Not only was I blown away by the show, I was just mesmerized by the weather and how beautiful snow falling from the sky is. We have these big windows at the Winery that I kept looking out...Yael was killin' it, the space was dark, but lit with candles, snow was gently falling from the sky...kinda brought a tear to my eye.
It's interesting how something so normal for a northerner like snow is something so foreign to me. I really could not get over how cool it was...I caught myself just STARING out the window on several different occasions, mouth half open, amazed by this soft, frozen precipitation. It really made me feel homesick...not like it snows anywhere close to home, but it made me think of Christmas time and reminded me how far away from my family I am.
Again, I am perfectly happy where I am, but I miss my big familia a whole bunch. I can't wait to visit for Christmas!
I had my first visitor today at the old apt and it was great. Found a cool little burger shop right up the street and had a BOMB swirly milkshake...My friend Jen (who I had the burger with) and I just kicked off our month long "Brovember" celebration: Our month of hanging out ONLY in Brooklyn because this place is awesome, cheap, and way closer to home. We'll see how it goes, but I'm excited. If you live in Brooklyn, get ready...
Alright. It's so hot in my apartment. Our landlord controls the heat and we have a VERY powerful radiator, so I'm sitting here in shorts, a tshirt and flip flops. Mind you, our windows are open, and I'm still suffocating. Also, our radiator is soooo loud, it sounds like someone is beating it with a metal pole. Great.
K, I'm tired...time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment