Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My First Fall...brrr

As much as I'm trying to not notice the change in temperatures, Fall is upon me.  I've been in somewhat of a state of denial because where I come from, we're still wearing tanks and flip flops and tanning.  It hasn't been freezing, but it's been in the 50's, and I'm not READY FOR COLD YET!  I'm actually quite nervous and scared because everyone keeps saying this is going to be a "bad winter"....ohhh mannnn...I guess I'm going to have to grit my teeth and bare it...it's coming.

Today's goals include buying ONE towel to get me through until Carleese sends me my towels (there's no need to spend money on them when I have a lot of them sitting in a room in Texas), buying a pillow and maybe a pillow case and some sheets, possibly going to pick up an air mattress that a friend is letting me borrow and wheeling it home in a cart across Prospect Park, and finding a grocery store and making some queso.  I NEEED it. 
*I also need to sign a lease, but apparently it's no big deal...our landlord is a Hasidic Jew and I think has been out for the Jewish holidays and doesn't care?  Who knows...all I know is I have keys but I don't even officially live here because there's nothing legally telling me I can.  Ha, oh well, I guess if we're not kicked out we're good?

Oh, this is a pic of my apt building from the shuttle stop right across the street.  Yup, good ol' 600...it's so great that I literally just have to cross the street and I'm home when I get off a train.

Anyway, I started writing this blog and got so distracted...I'm doing like 18 things right now, and it just reminded me that I also started writing an email a long time ago, and have yet to finish or send it.  Woops.

Ok, so yea, back to it...I need to get up and go buy some stuff even though I don't really have the funds...I also would like to note on my blog that Simon the Mouse was captured 2 days ago thanks to my brilliant placement of sticky traps.  BAM. 

I'm gonna go.  It's ridiculous how scattered I am, and how long it's taken me to write this...sorry for the pinball reading.  I'm out of control today.

T

No comments:

Post a Comment