Week one of work is almost in the books, and guess what folks? Yup, I'm pretty tired.
I got home last night about 12:30ish...poor little Lisa had to wake up and come get me from the bus stop. I love you Leesie!!
So, work is great. Every single person that I have met so far is pretty much a gem. I was thinking yesterday how they must hire only the most laid-back, caring people in NYC. Seriously...I'm blessed. Even during the most hectic shift yesterday, no one screamed in my face if I asked a question, and everyone still had a little bit of time to show me something new. Wow...who knew that was possible in the crazy restaurant world?
Since I'm still training, I've been getting out pretty early these days, so it hasn't been a problem with getting back to NJ at a decent hour. Last night, however, we got an unexpected hit and I knew that it was going to be a challenge catching my 11:30 bus back to Jersey. If you miss the 11:30, the next bus is at 1am...that means I'd have to call my poor little family and have someone pick me up around 2am. Eek...
Luckily, around 10:30, another server let me start cleaning, and we started doing our sidework...I was going 100mph trying to finish so I could get the heck outta there. I told her what was up, and she, because she is awesome, went up with me to find a manager to see if I could leave so I could catch my bus.
With the ok, I pushed my way through this out of control crowd, ran down the stairs, grabbed my backpack outta my locker and took off. I bust out the doors, sprint across the street to the subway...run down the stairs, realize I'm on the wrong side of the platform, run down some more stairs, through another corridor, up some more stairs, and make it to the other side, sweating and out of breath. Luckily I had my Nalgene so I got to hydrate but jeeze.....
LOOOOONNNNNGGGG story short, the trains were taking forever and I was really worried I might not make it...I ended up getting to Port Authority, sprinted through, up escalators, down halls, and made it there....again, sweating to death and out of breath. I made it on the 11:30 bus. Thank you, Jesus.
I sit down, and it is so loud in there...all I hear is a lot of Spanish, and scream-laughing like nobody's business...ipod please.
Anyway, that was just one night...I wish I could tell y'all all about last Saturday night, but I can't. Let me just leave you with some words to describe it. "Empire State of Mind", involuntary forced kiss, minutely chipped tooth, definite fire hazard, hailing a cab in pouring down rain, back and forth toilet babysitting...oh man, you concrete jungle you...you're funny.
K, I have to get ready for work...2 days off starting tomorrow!! Yoohoooo!
No comments:
Post a Comment