Thursday, August 25, 2011

Capturing Moments

There is just so much to catch up on so I hope you're ready to read a novel of my life so far.

I left off when I was about to head off to the shore for Lisa's birthday...well, I had to work on Saturday night, but planned on taking the train to the city on Saturday afternoon.  Me, Kattie, and Lisa went and picked up some of Lisa's friends and headed off...of course we had to stop for gas and some Dunkin...and whatdoya know?  We each get 4 free munchkins for our trip.  That's when I knew it would be a money night.

We head that way in the rain, and of course when we get into town, I had to make a pit stop at the local Chipotle to use the restroom...we get to the house and get ready for dinner.  I made reservations at this hibachi grill so we had a show, dinner and a few drinks...then we headed to another spot for a hot second...

back at the house, a few drinks in and I decide poppin' a bottle of champagne was a good idea....next thing you know, it's 5 am and we're scaling a white picket fence to get to the ocean...I tear off my shirt and run in...hilarious...frolicking on the beach at 5am...

That pic up there is what we scaled....One of the girls magically knew the little gate code like no big deal...haha mind you, none of us are from there, or live there and may or may not have been under some kind of influence...it was pretty hilarious. 
The next day I woke up on the bottom bunk, sand everywhere, bruised foot and feeling like a champion.  We went to the beach and hung out, then I had to leave only to miss my train and to be 2 hours late to work...WOOOPS...it was fine:/

Then Saturday after work, I was treated to the BEST TASTING FOOD I've ever eaten in my life at my friend Charlie's place called Wined Up.  Wow.  Blown away.  Hung out with friends and stayed up late. 
Found out Sunday morning that I had in fact been scheduled to work a double on 3 hours of sleep and after having to work a traditional Jewish brunch.  There were about 4 tables in the entire place and two guys playing the accordion and guitar...womp.
I ended up missing my adoptive little sister's bday celebration and I was pretty upset....ANYWAY...

Life's been crazy, but so good.  This is the month of new beginnings and it's so exciting but scary at the same time...I wish I was taking more pictures but I've been so busy sprinting to catch buses and trains that I haven't quite found the time...but I will. 

Already I've survived an earthquake, and next it's Irene...bring on the hurricane!  ;)

'til next time, friends,

T

1 comment:

  1. Teresa! I am glad to hear things are going well :) LOL I love reading about your little adventures, beach at 5am, why not? :) How was the earthquake?!

    ReplyDelete