OOOKKKK,
So, I leave for Austin tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited to see my family and friends for the weekend!! My cousin Erica is finally tying the knot with good ol' Adam Zimmerhanzel, or as we all know him, Zimmie...
I love those kids and I am so happy and excited for them to spend the rest of their lives together! CONGRATS YOU CRAZIES! I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!
Life has been crazy, duh...Everyday I feel more and more like I actually belong here, but every once in a while I'll have a little breakdown. Apparently, it's a totally normal thing. There were two people at work that I talked to that had just had one of their own this week, so I didn't feel too bad.
On Sunday, I had a great day...I worked Klezmer brunch (only traditional Jews allowed), and that's always interesting. Afterward, I hung around with coworkers and had a few drinks to kick off my birthweek celebration. Then we went to another place and continued the celebration...oh man...
later than night I had another breakdown.
I just really miss my little Lelas (you know who you are)...
Then, I worked again Monday night and it ended up being a pretty late show. I wasn't finished 'til about 1am and I was supposed to call my friend Dom about staying with her. She ends up telling me there has been a big shooting right by her apt and wouldn't blame me if I didn't feel comfortable staying there. I decided to think about it a bit then get back to her. All in all, my choices were to stay with her where there were SWAT teams and cops everywhere, stay with a coworker who has a WALL of reptiles (snakes, frogs, whatever other reptiles she named that made me want to scream) and other creatures that I didn't even recognize, on a park bench or with a southern girl I work with. I went with the southern girl. There is ONE MAJOR PHOBIA I have and it's with reptiles/amphibians. Frogs and lizards make me want to DIE, and I was so happy when I woke up in the morning and there were no creatures crawling all over me and I wasn't witnessing her feed them rats. We stayed out celebrating more and started for home about 5am...city that never sleeps, I'm telling you.
The only thing I lost that night was my umbrella, which was surprising, but unfortunate because it rained all day yesterday. I had to run to work with a flannel shirt as a cover, AND I was wearing flip flops. I swear I'm going to get pneumonia soon.
I have also been awkwardly hugged for a very extended amount of time by a girl on drugs, eaten Papaya Dog at 3am, woken up in an unfamiliar place on a pullout couch somewhere in Brooklyn, been talked to by a crazy man on the subway in Spanish about his stops, toured the Met Museum for hours, seen Kathy Griffin walking the streets, and bumped into Shooter Jennings at work.
There is never a dull moment in New York City and I find it full of adventure and really funny. Being a nomad has also been increasingly interesting, and although it's been fun, I am ready for an October 1st move in...however, Dom and I might be reconsidering her current neighborhood:/
Today, Lisa took me to this place I really liked because they have bomb pizza, and I ate like never before. Another thing about the city is that I literally eat one meal a day because I'm poor and don't have a home. I told her my wishes for today involved eating at least 3 meals and enjoying not having to run to make a train/bus. Later we are going to hang out at this bar and it should be fun.
Sorry for the scatterbrained thoughts, it's just how things have been lately!
TNT.
No comments:
Post a Comment