I've not been able to blog mainly because I have been LIVING at work. It's pretty disgusting how little sleep and how many hours I put into this place this week, but so did mostly everyone else.
Today, on the day of all days, I was scheduled my 4th double of the week (if you count the "pop up" burlesque show I was forced to work/experience) and I actually got cut early...HOWEVER that meant me missing out on possibly the best show ( THE ROOTS) and a potential visit from Jimmy Fallon...oh well, I needed the break.
As I type/text this, I can hear Simon the mouse going to town on some styrofoam in the kitchen. That thing is fearless! He no longer hides when we come in there and Dom and I were pretty much held hostage in the living room all night. It was a spectacle with us freaking out and running through there to get to the restroom, or when I had to go to the door to get my pizza. Apparently these girls have already tried to kill/capture him and he isn't falling for death or imprisonment. Dom's roomie put a whole pile of poison pellets out and he ate them but is still going strong. He's a little guy; I've seen him but EFF. He also began squealing tonight and that is NOT ok.
I told her we have 2 options: borrow someone's ferocious cat and have the circle of life fix this dilemma( I have a coworker who owns a vicious beast that took a chunk out of her finger and has to keep it in a cage because of how mean he is), or extermination.
She says we'll buy traps...this will be interesting.
So this week has been a whirlwind. My iPhone was "recovered" and the person who "recovered" it may or may not have lost their job because they didn't realize how much I use technology to track my shh..and how awesome I am, I worked like 60 hours and saw/worked my first burlesque show (UMMMM it was interesting/I didn't realize we hosted those events at our place), served celebs appetizers, hobo'd around town and even slumbered in a new "hood" in Brooklyn that was INTERESTING/vibrant (literally bought toiletries at a pharmacy the next day and brushed my teeth, applied deodorant and mascara in the bathroom at work), met our pet mouse Simon who I think lives in our oven, and walked about 42 miles and hundreds of stairs and possibly obtained stress fractures in my feet from walking so much in this town. I am physically exhausted and can not wait for my 3 days off this week!!
Tomorrow and Tuesday I'm working The Zombies show...look 'em up, you'll recognize them.
Anyway, I guess I should get some sleep...it's been such a long week. Last Sunday seems like a month ago.
Oh and I'm finally going to pick all of my stuff up from Jersey and officially be out of the Treweeke house. It's bittersweet and I'm going to miss knowing that's where all my stuff is at and I always had a really good excuse to go back, but I'm finally ready. Obviously I'll still go back to visit but I actually won't "live there". Oh how I'll miss my cute little Jersey family:(
Ok, time for me to say my prayers nd hope little Simon doesn't come crawl on my face at night because I will DIE.
G'night from Brooklyn and my iPhone.
No comments:
Post a Comment