Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thoughts

I hope this turns out to be a non-scatterbrained post about what kinds of things have just occurred to me today.

It's crazy how when you're going through something, right smack dab in the middle of it, you fail to realize how that "something" that you're going through is actually just a blessing in disguise.
I have had the luck/maybe a little training over the years to realize that blessing fairly soon in my "why is this happening to me" phase.

So, here's my realization.  I just turned 26 and I am my own young woman.  I am able to make my own decisions about where my life will go, and the people that love me will ultimately continue to love and support me no matter what I decide to do or how far away I will go.  NO ONE is worth my heartache or tears if that someone does not see what I am worth.  Not everything turns out the way you expect it should, but in the midst of finding this out, you should look around and enjoy what else is unfolding before your eyes.  Family is family; regardless of their quirks and faults, they are the people that will love you no matter what, and you them.  You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family, right?  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with family, and having others see it and point it out this weekend makes me feel insanely blessed.  Last of all, my friends are my family, and you don't have to share blood to hold a bond so close you can't see yourself without them.  I am blessed by the friendship of my family and close friends, and that is something that no one can ever take away from me.

Regardless of how hard this move has been, and all that has come along with it, I am realizing how strong I am.  I'm glad to be mature enough to take these obstacles and choose to become better from them and not to dwell.  There's no time to dwell in New York City...I'm too busy chasing my dreams!

Thank you for caring enough about me to read this, and know how much I appreciate what role you play in my life...

On a funnier/lighter note, I have finally seen where I'll be living in 2.5 weeks.  I'm actually sitting on the couch in the living room now.  I got here last night after a LONGGGGGG subway excursion I took with a very nice guy from work who said I could ride his route so I wouldn't have to go alone.  He also lives in Brooklyn and was being a gentleman.  See?  You can still find gentlemen around this city, people.  And, no, it wasn't anything like that...he has a gf, but he heard me talking about how I don't feel comfortable taking the subway after midnight alone and he obliged.
ANYWAY, an hour and a half later, I get to poor Dominique's door and she lets me in at 2:30am...the apartment is what I would expect of Brooklyn.  It's older, but it's New York...haha  Before she heads into her room she tells me, "oh hey, just to let you know, there's a mouse in there (the kitchen that I'm pretty much sleeping in/right by) and we can't catch him.  He's sneaky."  UM, OK....so all night I heard Simon (I've named him) runnin' around doing who knows what.
Funny, apparently others have mouse problems here and it's nbd.  This guy from work was actually telling me last night that he and his roommates have a mouse living in their oven and his name is Hector.  He is studying abroad from Spain....hahahahhaha  ohhhh man...NY, you're killin' me.

Ok, that's all I got...oh, Lisa and I visited the 9/11 memorial...You can't go in yet without a pass, but we got to walk around ground zero and took some pictures.  From the walkway of the World Financial Center, we got a glimpse of the fountains and they looked awesome.  It was an eerie/sad feeling walking around there this week.  It was sad seeing firemen there looking so sad and people actually crying.  I just got a chill...there are people that have not visited that site in 10 years...and the place was surprisingly quiet, although CRAWLING with people.
It's nice to see people from all over the world paying their respects...I was so proud to be an American while walking around there, but so sad at the same time.  God bless the families of all the fallen, and God bless America.

Toodles,
T

P.S.  I've been helping Lisa's little sister with homework these days...oh 9th grade Geometry, what WHAT??;)
So, we're sitting there trying to figure out a problem and she's about giving up, so she gets up and says to her mom, "well, I can't figure out my homework problem.  Even The Bear can't figure it out."  hahaha  Her mom says, "The Bear?"  and good ol' Ray Ray says so nonchalant, "The Bear...Ter Bear?"  haha ohhh man...I love it...my new nickname around the Treweeke house:  The Bear.  hehehehe kids.  <3  them....

1 comment:

  1. Life is a journey, twist and turns, ups and downs, but all of those changes in direction lead somewhere. You're a Cano we are all independent and stubborn people, sometimes we make life harder on ourselves but I think that's what keeps it interesting! I love you sita I hope your road takes you everywhere you want to go and further!

    ReplyDelete