WHOOAAA....
so I was just in Brooklyn for 2 days...crazy.
Lisa and I took the bus on Sunday afternoon from Mountain Lakes to NYC. I had a backpack on me with a few changes of clothes in it and was on my way to meet up with my good friend Charlie. As soon as I came outta the bus station, Charlie was there with 2 friends. We all met, smiled, were excited and jumped into a cab headed to Brooklyn. So, it's Cory, Meaghan (I ALWAYS end up meeting a Meaghan/Megan/Meagan/however else you wanna spell it, SOMEWHERE and become friends with) and I in the back seat and Charlie in the front. We talked the whole way and I LOVED them...the only crazy part was that it took us double the time to get to where we wanted to go because the cab driver decided to forget that the Brooklyn Bridge has been closed for 6 months so he took us on a tour of the entire island. Best part was that I made 2 new friends! :)
When we finally get to Charlie's I drop my bag, have the most FANTASTIC tasting beer (Sam Adams Cherry something...sooo tasty), start walking to find a place to eat, choose a LEGIT sushi bar, toast to some tasty sake and rolls, head off and go to 2 other really awesome places. Needless to say, Brooklyn is BOMB and everyone I met was SOOOO friendly! It reminded me a lot of Austin...it's so much more chill than Manhattan, quiet...I am pretty sure I want to live there...
the next day, Charlie and I walked through Prospect Park, had sandwiches by the lake, sweated it out in the heat (yes, it's a little toasty here), then headed to Manhattan. Once there, we went to his old place of work where I have an interview at on Friday, and I met some REALLLYYY nice people there too.
Walked down to a Mexican restaurant with some strong margaritas, made friends with some latinos there, and continued my "I think I might be falling in love with this city" campaign.
Afterwards, walked around, we found a soap store and got our hands exfoliated...almost bought a $10 bar of soap...what was I thinking?
Walked around more, watched a sunset from this old train station they turned into a really cool place, and then met up with some of Charlie's friends for a drink.
All in all it was great...I may or may not have had a "reality check moment" where I realized this was all real, but that's not for the blog...it's for the journal;)
Anyway, 'til next time, my friends...keep it classy
No comments:
Post a Comment